Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme which offers awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK. Chevening Scholarships are offered in over 150 countries and enable young students worldwide to pursue postgraduate studies in the UK each year.
Scholarship provided by : British Government/The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
Institution(s): Any university in the UK.
Scholarship Award : Tuition fees; a living allowance (for one individual); an economy class return airfare to the UK; essential expenditure. For more information Please check the individual country pages.
Number of Awards: Around 1500 scholarships globally will be offered.
Eligible for Scholarship:
- International talented students who have been identified as potential future leaders across a wide range of fields; including politics, business, the media, civil society, religion, and academia. Applicants should be high calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership.
- Have Between 25 and 40 years old.
- Have At least three years work experience after graduation with excellent academic results.
- Academic IELTS certificate with a score of 6.5 or equivalent (this may be higher depending on the requirement of the university)
- Around 1500 scholarships globally offered.
Application Overview : Applications for 2016/2017 will open in August 2015.
Applications are done through an online application system which will be available on the official website’s application page