Scholarship provided by : The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Institution(s): University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Scholarship Award :
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge, namely: the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate, a maintenance allowance for a single student, one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course, and inbound visa costs.
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis such as family allowance, conference attendance, fieldwork allowance, some fourth year funding for PhD scholars and hardship funding.
Criteria for Selection :
• Intellectual ability
• Leadership capacity
• A good fit with Cambridge
• A desire to use knowledge to contribute to society
Eligible for Scholarship:
• Citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• Must apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
Ph.D. (three year research only degree)
One-year post-graduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, MBA etc.)
MSc or MLitt (two year research only degree)
MBBChir Clinical Studies (3 year taught degree)
• Must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University’s normal admission procedures. The Trust does not admit students.
Application Overview :
You must apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack. It is important to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link found below)
Application for entry in October 2016 will be open in September 2015.