Leiden University offers excellence scholarships for excellent students from all nationalities and Non-EU/EEA students. Scholarships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes for Non-EU/EEA students and for master’s of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy for students of all nationalities. Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
Scholarship provided by : Leiden University
Institution(s) : Leiden University, at Netherlands.
In the field of : Arts and Humanities, Environmental Sciences, Fine and applied arts, Law, Mathematics and computer sciences, Medical and health sciences, Natural sciences, Social and behavioural sciences
Scholarship Award : The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
• € 10.000 of the tuition fee
• € 15.000 of the tuition fee
• Total tuition fee minus the home fee
The number and type of awards of the scholarships depend on the budget available of the Faculty department
Eligible for Scholarship:
• Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree program.
• In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the program for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant program followed abroad.
• The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; for more information please refer to: www.ib-groep.nl.
• Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
• Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (pdf) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Application Overview : You must first apply for admissions to Leiden University online. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1 October 2015 for all programmes starting in February 2016 and 1 February 2016 for all programmes starting in September 2016.