The Rotary Foundation offers prestigious international scholarships opportunities through the Rotary Foundation Global Grants. The purpose of the this Scholarship program is to support international study at the graduate level. The Rotary Global Grants may be used (for Students, Projects and Vocations) to fund and support humanitarian projects, scholarships for graduate academic studies, AND vocational training opportunities in any approved location in the world.
Scholarship provided by : The Rotary Foundation
Host Institution(s): Any approved University located in a qualifying country, outside of the applicant’s home country.
Eligible groups: Non-members of Rotary sponsored/nominated by a Rotary Club
Field of study: Rotary Foundation Global Grants can be used to fund scholarships with sustainable, high-impact outcomes in one of Rotary’s six areas of focus:
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Water and sanitation
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Economic and community development
Applicant Eligibility: Applicants may NOT be (1) a Rotarian; (2) an employee of a club, district, or any other Rotary entity, or of Rotary International; (3) the spouse, a lineal descendant, or an ancestor (parent or grandparent by blood) of any person in the forgoing two categories.
- Global Grant scholars are individuals who are pursuing a career in one of the six Areas of Focus.
- Scholars must be proficient in the native language of the host country.
- The program of study must be at the graduate level. The program can be no less than one academic year and no more than four academic years.
- The scholar must be traveling abroad for study.
- The scholarship grant amount is a minimum of $30,000 for the entire course of study.
- Scholars must live in the immediate vicinity of the approved study institution and in the host Rotary district so that he/she can participate in the Rotary club and district activities of the host club/district.
- Scholarships may not be used for studies that are already underway.
- Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with a “study abroad program” operated by an institution other than Rotary.
Scholarship Award : The minimum budget for a global grant activity is $30,000. The Foundation’s World Fund provides a minimum of $15,000 and maximum of $200,000.
which can fund the following: Passport/visa, Inoculations, Travel expenses (as specified in the grant terms and conditions), School supplies, Tuition, Room and board, Household supplies, Language training courses (but not if university admission is contingent on improvement of language skills). Most personal and miscellaneous expenses are not covered by the scholarship funding.
Application Overview : The application involves a two-step online process: a Proposal and an Application.
You can contact the Rotary clubs in your respective local areas/countries (using the Rotary Club Locator) to inquire on how to be sponsored for the grant. Scholars must submit individual applications to supplement the overall grant application. Each Rotary Club/District might have its own specific timeline.
Application Deadline : Each Rotary Club/District might have its own specific timeline. Thus, Rotary Foundation Global Grant applications will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Official Website/Links: https://www.rotary.org/myrotary/en/take-action/apply-grants/global-grants